Friday, November 13, 2009

Ft. Hoot shooter deserves no sympathy: Doggebone recommends action

Hello again world. It's Doggebone. I wish this post could be a happy one, but I am frothing over news of the horror at Ft. Hood.

Can you believe the media is giving the shooter so much attention? And to think this mass murderer has garnered sympathy from those who are supposed to stand up for the American people. I am a freaking dog and I know that this just ain't right!

Instead of focusing on how stressed and psychologically unstable the shooter was, why not focus on how stressed and psychologicaly damaged the victims and their families are?

My human mom spent several years living on post when her ex was in the Army. She says the atmosphere of family and comradery are unlike any other, but that the way things seem to be now she wonders if military families will opt for off-post housing, if they stay in the military at all.

When American leaders, the media, and many citizens are barred from speaking out against acts such as this, what does that say for the future of our nation? All I know is that it is better to be a dog these days! I would not want to put up with the new restrictions placed on Americans, particularly those that go against the very rights granted through the Constitution.

Having said all of this, Doggebone wants to make a few points:
  1. Americans, take a stand to protect your rights and freedoms.
  2. Speaking up is not being unpatriotic; in fact, remaining silent is no different that condoning the condition of our nation.
  3. Keep informed on issues that affect the American people, their quality of life, their safety, and their ability to live confortably and free of fear in a free nation.When issues disturb you, such as the proposed health care "solution," do something!
  4. Promote continuity of a free press that reports the truth, the facts, and the whole story...not only the parts that are politically correct.
  5. Demand that Washington and all the powers-that-be be held accountable.
If I could do these things myself, I would. But I can't. I am a dog. I can do one thing, though. and I do it well. When it comes to the Ft. Hood shooter and his media coverage, I have a "leg up." And I think you know what I mean!

Until next time, remember to bark back when something disturbs you!
-Doggebone

No comments:

Post a Comment