Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Doggebone's take on iTunes TV

Well guys, it's me again. Doggebone. I've been listening to conversations about Apple's new iTunes TV capabilities. And I have to put my 2 kibbles in!

Okay. First, a dog's opinion is important. Guys like me see the world for what it really is and having my people obtain another electronic gadget is not something that makes me jump up and down. Think about it...

My human family already owns several traditional TVs, cell phones, iPods, video gaming systems, computers for personal and work use, stereos, blah, blah. The list goes on. So, exactly how is this iTunes TV going to benefit my family? Specifically, how will it benefit me? The answer is simple: it won't!

Now don't get me wrong. I love to snuggle with my human mom when she's watching a movie but she can get too caught up in the back to back to back movies. Add a cell phone conversation to movie time and Doggebone is feeling a bit neglected.

I don't expect you to fully understand but I do ask that you look at it from my point of view.

When humans become distracted by electronics something changes inside them. They change from the loving people we dogs have come to adore to a stranger focused solely on their own enjoyment. What happened to the days of a loving pat, a walk in the park, a run around the yard, or a good ole roll on the floor? Technology is what happened!

So, before you run out an buy or upgrade think about the canines (and some worthy felines) who depend on you. We are dedicated to you. Shouldn't you put our needs before the pleasure you might obtain from playing around with some unfeeling, unemotional gadget? And Apple claims the service is only $30 a month. Imagine what that $30 could be used for...rawhide chews, chicken flavored treats, bacon bites...

Not to mention...how can an Apple display a TV show anyway? Get real!

But...never let it be said that Doggebone is not fair. Check it out for yourself.
http://mediamemo.allthingsd.com/20091102/apples-itunes-pitch-tv-for-30-a-month/

No comments:

Post a Comment