Monday, December 28, 2009

Doggebone's Christmas

Hi all! Doggebone had a wonderful Christmas! My mom invited the family to our house for food and fun. I loved the samplings I received. Holiday ham is amazing. I discovered that turkey is almost as good as chicken nuggets. Sausage balls and Chex Mix aren't too bad either! I was dying for chocolate but Mom refused. Oh, how wonderful it smelled, too!

I didn't expect a gift, after all, I am a dog. But my Aunt Terri brought me an amazing package. I have my own Mighty Dog tag which I wear proudly. I do think it has helped my muscles grow. I feel invincible! If you have watched the movie Bolt, you know how Doggebone is feeling with his new Mighty powers. And before you disagree, I have documentation to prove it. I have my own Mighty ID card personalized with MY name. I am available for watch dog positions if anyone has an opening. I am Mighty Doggebone!

Mom said that Aunt Terri was going to bring me a Santa suit but the pet store had sold out. I didn't tell Mom (shhh!) but I am actually glad. Sometimes Mom goes a bit overboard with dressing me. I am a bit embarassed when she takes me out in the cow print fleece sweater. Imagine what the guys think. It even has ears. Most of the time I tend to stay close to home when Mom makes me wear that. Just think of the jokes I'd hear if the guys saw me in a Santa suit. Humans have no idea of the peer pressures we dogs face....especially the guy dogs. Geesh!

Anyway, I did have a great Christmas. My great newphew, Nathan, celebrated his first Christmas and it was fun watching him with his gifts. It seems that he likes the same parts that I like --paper and boxes. That boy has excellent taste! Now, don't argue with me. Paper and boxes provide hours of fun and entertainment, not to mention they are cost-efficient gifts. Something was wrong with Nathan's gifts though. They had toys and clothes stuck to them. Humans! I'll never fully understand them. Maybe they thought they were giving a two-fer-one. Who knows!

After my human siblings cleared out, Mom and I snuggled on the couch and watched movies (along with "the feline"). It seems Mom likes Lifetime Movie Network during the holidays. She's a crier, too. So, she had me worried. At first I didn't know it was the movie. I was trying to figure out what was wrong with her, consoling her and all. I suppose it's another weird human thing that we dogs will never understand. Kind of like how Mom will never understand that I have to hike versus squatting. And she wonders why those crazy puppy pads never worked for me. I am a man. I have to go outside like a man. I need bushes and tires. Speaking of tires...that is one of the best parts of having the family over for Christmas. Tires galore! I hope they come every year. I think they should come on ALL holidays!

Before I go, I will update you on my assistant, Connie Cotton. Well, I guess she isn't my assistant any longer. Mom put her on "the chain." I've come to realize that dogs who do not listen and continue to get into things they are not supposed to go to "the chain." I am not positive but I think Connie abused some of the puppies, terrorizing one so much that he still cries when someone walks by...even when Mom puts food in his bowl. What a shame. I thought Connie was different from the others but you just never know about people, do you? Maybe it's one of those female things. Maybe she is a bipolar canine or something. She is sweet and loving then...BAM! Attack the puppies. Mom says it's jealousy. I say that the "chain" won't cure jealousy but Mom is in charge (or so I let her think).

Well ya'll, I better run. Literally. I have to "go" and it is freezing outside.

Until next time, shake a leg!
~Doggebone

No comments:

Post a Comment