Friday, November 20, 2009

Mom's obsession with Edward Cullen

Hello. It's me, again. Doggebone.

Before I start, let me say that in case you are one of the gazillion fnas of the Twilight book and movie series, I am a fan, too. But I am a bit concerned about my mom and the other female fans in my house.

Okay...I have to admit that Edward Cullen is handsome, for a guy and vampire. I am not upset that my mom and human female siblings think he is so hot. I am upset over the guy's menu choices. I am not saying that I think this vampire heartthrob should feast on humans, but can you understand why I am upset? Hello! Instead of the traditional vampiric menu of human blood, the guy and his "family" --in their attempt to "be good vampires"- only hunt animals.

Animals. Do you see now? Animals = d-o-g!

Sure mom and the girls are safe but what about Doggebone? Yeah, I know...Edward Cullen is only a character in a book...a movie...but the threat is real. I am having nightmares about it.

I imagine that I am running outside with my friends, minding my own business and then BAM! Doggebone is dinner. The teeth are scary. The eyes...the glow of hunger...

All I ask is that humans have a bit of compassion and understanding for the rest of those in the animal kingdom.

If you are one of the gazillion planning to head out to see New Moon today, think about Doggebone and all the other Doggebone's in the world. We have feelings, too. We have rights. And the thought of becoming a meal is a bit intimidating.

Go ahead. Love Edward. Love Jacob. Love them all. But while you are frothing over them, why not become an advocate for me? Try convincing them that there are alternatives to hunting animals. And I am not saying they should revert to the human blood lust thing. Why not try what Mick does on Moonlight? Blood banks. The blood is already there. No human or animal is injured, killed, or converted.

Help Doggebone's nightmares end, please! After all, there is more at stake (no pun intended to vampires) than a few nightmares. Do you know what can happen to a dog who is suddenly jolted from sleep because of fear? He might wet on himself. I am not saying that I have done this. Just that it is possible. And the ramifications are not pretty...or so I have been told.

No comments:

Post a Comment