Thursday, April 12, 2012

And Easter was…

How was your Easter? Mine was good, I suppose. As good as Easter can be for a d-o-g.

Mom and the human siblings dyed eggs and gathered with the extended family for a fun-filled hunt and grilled burgers. From what I have over-heard, the day was amazing! Hmm. This is heresy, however, because I wasn’t invited. Imagine that!

There were dozens of eggs left over, which my human nephew, Nathan, brought home. They smelled wonderful. I didn’t get any. Not even a small offering.

Nathan did get a new bike. I know this because he tried to run me over on more than one occasion. Apparently, it is okay to invite me outside after-the-fact. Am I a mere target of entertainment?

Mom says she loves me but she’s been so busy lately that I begin to wonder. When she does have free time, it seems to be filled with doing fun things with the “other” children.

But as the good son that I am, I accept the good and the not-so-good. I tried to remain focused on the reason for Easter Sunday. Of course, my reason was supposed to be food, sleep and lots of love from the family, but from what I gather there is a deeper meaning that has to do with love for everyone, sacrifice, being reborn or resurrected, I think I heard mom say, and some other mushy stuff like that.

Okay. I can go with that.

I did listen a little more toward the end. Apparently, Easter Sunday is about this dude named Jesus. He sounds pretty cool. From what I understand, he loves everybody. He is always there for everybody. I didn’t see him, but I know he was there. I heard some of the family talking to him before lunch –or maybe they were talking to his dad. I did hear someone saying something about his father. Either way, since these two guys have it going on and believe in constant love, I’m beginning to think that I want to know them better. And, who knows, having days like Easter more than once a year might be a good thing. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment